FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sequence Settings for 720x576 DV-PAL won't display 16:9

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ashley vonClausburg
Sequence Settings for 720x576 DV-PAL won't display 16:9
on Jun 28, 2012 at 4:12:24 pm

Hi,

I just received some footage from a videographer we used at a conference in Brussels. The footage plays in the QT in what looks like 4:3, even though the footage is 16:9 and appears distorted. When I imported the footage (it was given to me as a .mov file) FCP also plays it as thought it is 4:3. The format of the footage is 720x576, DV-PAL, 25 fps, and Pixel Aspect is PAL-CCIR 601. The sequence settings that FCP automatically sets for the footage when I put it in the timeline is 720x576 CCIR 601/DV PAL 5:4. If I check Anamorphic 16:9, it letterboxes the footage to appear widescreen (but then it appears painfully interlaced), but I know this footage was actually filmed 16:9. What am I doing wrong?

Thank you so much!!

-Ashley

Return to posts index

Neil Patience
Re: Sequence Settings for 720x576 DV-PAL won't display 16:9
on Jun 28, 2012 at 9:05:13 pm

If the footage you have is 16:9 anamorphic it will playback as 720x576 but everything will be distorted to look tall and thin. This is normal. If it looked correct then your footage is 4:3.

You need to do an easy set up project that is DV Anamorphic.

Then set the anamorphic flag on your rushes. It should then appear in your anamorphic timeline correctly.

The fact it is letter boxing suggests that your sequence settings are 4:3.

The "interlacing" you are mentioning is likely to be a field order issue. Make sure your sequence settings are DV Anamorphic and all should be fine.

best wishes
Neil
http://www.patience.tv

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]