FORUMS: list search recent posts

24p footage in 30p timeline

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Kent
24p footage in 30p timeline
on Jun 27, 2012 at 7:46:35 pm

So I shot a video in 1080 30p on a canon 550d. It looked great.

I edited in Final Cut after transcoding to Apple Pro Res HQ.

Unfortunately FCP wasn't set up properly, so the sequence was set to 24p which means that it renders with all sorts of pixellation. I only realised when I rendered it out.

I've now configured FCP properly and set up a 30p sequence which makes the footage look stunning, but I can't copy and paste my 24p sequence on to a 30p sequence without issues. Some files go hiddden, stretched, or missing. The overall length of the sequence falls out of time with the audio I'm editing to.

Is there a clever switch I can press that will resolve my woes?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: 24p footage in 30p timeline
on Jun 27, 2012 at 8:21:02 pm

Sorry, there is no clever way. You need to copy and paste, and then manually fix every shot.

There is no Easy Button.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Rob Tinworth
on Jun 29, 2012 at 3:56:42 pm

Your clips shouldn't be rescaling if the only difference between your timelines is the frame rates. But if you are finding they're being stretched or rescaled in some way, Modify/Conform to sequence (map this to your keyboard) is a great way to quickly fix the scaling. Note that if you've made any adjustments to the motion tab in the clip, you'll lose those settings.

Rob Tinworth
http://www.1021.tv

Return to posts index

Paul Kent
on Jun 29, 2012 at 6:01:02 pm

thanks.

I actually found that by Copying and pasting the scenes 3 at a time the stretching and warping disappeared and the time syncs were pretty easy to manage.

I was doing a dance video so timing was pretty important, so this sped up the process.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]