FORUMS: list search recent posts

SONY EX-1 into FCP INCOMPATIBILITY

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Luke Chu
SONY EX-1 into FCP INCOMPATIBILITY
on Jun 26, 2012 at 4:41:08 am

Again, I'm having trouble importing Sony camera footage. This time EX-1's .MP4 footage. FCP does not accept Sony MP4 footage.

I wanted to convert the MP4 footage to ProRes, but MPEG Streamclip and Apple Compressor would not recognize it. So I searched Google and found Sony's XDCAM Transfer plugin for FCP. This program allowed me to import the footage into FCP.

I'd like to just convert the MP4 to ProRes, instead of using this XDCAM program. Is there a way? And is there a reason why Sony footage files suck when used with FCP?

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: SONY EX-1 into FCP INCOMPATIBILITY
on Jun 26, 2012 at 5:35:40 am

[Luke Chu] "I'd like to just convert the MP4 to ProRes, instead of using this XDCAM program. Is there a way? "
There is a "Calibrated software" plugin that allows to work directly with the MP4 files.
This may cause some incompatibility if you have installed FC, because FC install his own XDCAM components.
Anyway, there is no reason to convert EX-1 footage to Prores.
It works great in FC..

[Luke Chu] "And is there a reason why Sony footage files suck when used with FCP?"
SONY footage do not sucks with FC if you fallow the proper workflow.
The MP4 packing allows the footage to be rewrapped as QT or as MFX, so can be edited on Mac or PC.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Luke Chu
on Jun 26, 2012 at 5:58:35 am

Thanx for the quick response Rafael.

What is FC? Final Cut? So I need to install a "Calibrated Software, MP4-EX" plugin to import MP4 files in Final Cut?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jun 26, 2012 at 6:18:51 am

You need to get the XDCAM TRANSFER UTILITY. This will convert the MP4s to XDCAM Quicktime movies that FCP can work with. Edit the XDCAM native. But if you must convert to ProRes, you can only do so after you make them QT movies with XDCAM TRANSFER. Typically I just use the MEDIA MANAGER in FCP, and the RECOMPRESS option, but you can use Compressor or MPEG STREAMCLIP.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Jun 26, 2012 at 6:25:04 am

Yeap.
The normal workflow (Transfer tool), is quite fast.
The files get rewrapped as QT as they are copied.
Then the QT EX-1 files works great in FC.
Nothink like the workflow with the Sony F100 that you explained in the previous post.
Not sure if you'll get any benefit with the calibrated workflow.
That is mostly designed for people who has no FC.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]