FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP with Sony F100 footage INCOMPATIBILITY

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Luke Chu
FCP with Sony F100 footage INCOMPATIBILITY
on Jun 26, 2012 at 4:33:26 am

I usually just work with 5D footage and find it a breeze. However, I just received wedding footage shot with the Sony F100 and I'm having major incompatibility issues.

The footage files I received are in the M2TS format. Since FCP did not accept these files, even after I downloaded the only Sony plugin for FCP I could find, I tried my 2 favorite converter programs, MPEG Streamclip and Apple's Compressor and they too couldn't recognize M2TS. I scoured Google and found the program, ClipWrap and downloaded it.

ClipWrap converted the M2TS files to Apple ProRes! The ProRes files work fine in FCP. However, since the footage was shot at 60fps, I wanted to conform some of it to 30fps for slo-mo. I uploaded the 60fps ProRes converted files to my favorite conforming program, Cinema Tools, but the conform option was greyed out. I searched Google and everyone suggested converting to ProRes, which the files already were. However, one person suggested deinterlacing the footage. So I loaded the ProRes files into MPEG Streamclip and deselected the Interlace option, to convert them to ProRes once again, but De-interlaced.

Now I finally have footage that is able to conform to 30fps in Cinema Tools!!!! However, this workflow is CRAZY INEFFICIENT. There must be a better way!

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
Re: FCP with Sony F100 footage INCOMPATIBILITY
on Jun 26, 2012 at 6:47:22 am

[Luke Chu] "Now I finally have footage that is able to conform to 30fps in Cinema Tools!!!! However, this workflow is CRAZY INEFFICIENT. There must be a better way!"

FCP X, Premiere Pro CS 6 or Media Composer 6.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Creative Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]