FORUMS: list search recent posts

Importing MXF files of canon C300 into FCP

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Himanshu Bhatnagar
Importing MXF files of canon C300 into FCP
on Jun 25, 2012 at 6:18:57 pm

Hello,

My company is planning to use Canon C300. Earlier we were using DSLR cameras and I was aware of the complete workflow of the DSLRs. Earlier I use to convert a H.264 mov to Apple Pro Res 422 LT mov for importing into my FCP.

What I have got now is some MXF and CIF files directly given to me in a hard drive, shot from a canon C300.

Through some searches on google I figured out that I need to install Canon XF Utilities which I did and I have also installed Canon XF Plugin for Final Cut Pro but still my FCP wont recognize these files.

What exactly am I missing here ?

Thanks in advance.

~Himanshu

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
Re: Importing MXF files of canon C300 into FCP
on Jun 25, 2012 at 6:55:55 pm

[Himanshu Bhatnagar] "What I have got now is some MXF and CIF files directly given to me in a hard drive"

They need to give you the COMPLETE CARD STRUCTURE from the camera.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Creative Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Himanshu Bhatnagar
on Jun 26, 2012 at 8:31:52 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the response. Yes I have got the complete file structure but I can't see it in XF Utilities.

Can you please tell me or post me a link to understand the complete workflow of this camera. This would be great help.

Thanks in advance.

~Himanshu

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
on Jun 25, 2012 at 9:24:04 pm

[Himanshu Bhatnagar] "What exactly am I missing here ?"

Uh... Adobe Media Encoder.

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jun 26, 2012 at 10:16:41 am

I say Avid...because we are shooting a series with that camera and accessing the footage via AMA, and consolidating to our drives...working natively with the format. Looks great

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Dave Young
on Jun 26, 2012 at 11:42:38 am

I have have a similar problem:

I am trying to work on a project remotely. It appears my ingested C300 clips are on our other mac in our office so are offline in FCP7. I have my laptop with me with the backup files on a drive with full structure but I can't work out how to import into XF Utility. XF Utility does not see them. i've tried transferring onto a CF card and reader but still not seen.

I have tried to download Adobe Applications Manager but this doesn't work as I'm running OS 10.5.8

Any help much appreciated as I'm on a deadline and stress levels are rising.

thanks

Dave

Return to posts index

Himanshu Bhatnagar
on Jun 26, 2012 at 8:21:58 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the response. I'm not a adobe user. I use final cut pro.

Can you please tell me or post me a link t understand the complete workflow of this camera. This would be great help.

Thanks in advance.

~Himanshu

Return to posts index

Himanshu Bhatnagar
on Jun 26, 2012 at 8:40:28 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the response. I'm not a adobe user. I use final cut pro.

Can you please tell me or post me a link to understand the complete workflow of this camera. This would be great help.

Thanks in advance.

~Himanshu

Return to posts index

Leo Chou
on Mar 11, 2013 at 3:42:23 pm

In fact, Final Cut Pro 6.0.3 to Final Cut Pro 7.0.2 and Final Cut Pro X 10. 0.3 users can not enjoy the 1080i videos after editing, since XF Plug-in can not help them, only the 1280*720 video accepted. It means you have to convert C300 MXF footages to Final Cut Pro compatible format ProRes 422 .mov with a top MXF Conveter for FCP. I used UFU Soft MXF Converter fo Mac, which can fast transcode SD MXF videos to Apple ProRes 422 for FCP on Mac OS X with best vido quality.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]