FORUMS: list search recent posts

Import Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 AVCHD project file into Final Cut Pro 7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
lisa segal
Import Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 AVCHD project file into Final Cut Pro 7
on Jun 25, 2012 at 1:57:34 pm

I work in Adobe PPro CS5 and am collaborating on a video project with a college that uses Final Cut Pro 7. I have done research on how to do this and am still having trouble. All seems easy enough with the Adobe portion - I am exporting the project with Export/Final Cut Pro XML option (I have my media files on an external hard drive on my computer. We then took the project to FCP 7, logged and transferred the footage and then imported the project. I see the timeline with the basic framework correct, but the media is offline. We are unable to reconnect the media. Is there a good tutorial online? I've tried youtube etc.

Thanks so much

P.S. I am NOT worried about transitions or other edits translating to FCP. I am just doing a very basic edit.

Return to posts index

Jessica Muth
Re: Import Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 AVCHD project file into Final Cut Pro 7
on Jun 25, 2012 at 2:33:09 pm

I'm not too sure about this one, but I can tell you, I have tried to do similar things with Premiere 5.5 to FCP 7 by exporting my sequence as .xml and I had the same issue. So you are not alone.

Not that my encounter with the issue solves your current issue.

Jessica Muth
Production Operations Manager
Video Labs
Rockville, MD
301-217-0000
jmuth@videolabs.net

Return to posts index

Jessica Muth
Re: Import Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 AVCHD project file into Final Cut Pro 7
on Jun 25, 2012 at 2:39:55 pm

Okay, here is something that Adobe posted regarding .xml exports via Premiere to FCP.

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/premierepro/cs/using/WS1E3E2208-8384-42fd-822B-...

But I'm sure you knew that.

I'm not sure how much this will help, but someone posted bak in 2009 about a similar issue in CS4 where then went to open their .xml file in FCP and no clips, sequences, titles, etc., appear. Some people offered solutions.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/1746427

Hope this helps.

Jessica Muth
Production Operations Manager
Video Labs
Rockville, MD
301-217-0000
jmuth@videolabs.net

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]