FORUMS: list search recent posts

Fcp7 & lion

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shari Smith dunaif
Fcp7 & lion
on Jun 24, 2012 at 2:24:01 pm

my macbook pro crapped out, so am at a loss: happy to buy new macbook pro with lion but am disguested with fcp x (appeals to the app crowd, not for pro editors) am disgusted that after all the $ to upgrade since FCP 1, I now have to buy the full FCP 7 (rather than upgrade) since lion won't install FCP 6, allowing me to upgrade to 7. Apple is becoming a gadget company and is abandoning us pro editors. I am so disgusted - even am considering PC or Mac with Adobe premiere, but since it supports only 1 timeline, forget it. Right now - I am disgusted with apple but my drives are mac formatted...any experience with fcp7 on lion? Am open to suggestions: Avid anyone?
Shari Smith Dunaif
High Noon Productions

Return to posts index

Jessica Muth
Re: Fcp7 & lion
on Jun 24, 2012 at 2:33:59 pm

My co-worked had installed Lion on his MBP with FCP7 and he had more issues with it just being slow; however, it seemed like he experienced more problems with using Premiere on Lion than Final Cut.

Do you currently have Snow Leopard on your now defunct laptop? If I may suggest, if you buy a new MBP and your hard drive for your old MBP is still functional, download Carbon Copy Cloner onto the new hard drive that comes with MBP so you can have Snow Leopard. You can avoid Lion altogether. That is, if you currently have Snow Leopard.

I know that once FCPX came out, Apple was going to stop supporting FCP7 and once Lion came out, they were going to stop supporting Snow Leopard at some point. So, the only issue with FCP7 running on Snow Leopard is that, in the near future, if you begin to have issues, you may not be able to get support from Apple.

Jessica Muth
Production Operations Manager
Video Labs
Rockville, MD

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved