FORUMS: list search recent posts

Db red line audio volume level?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Giuliano Bausano
Db red line audio volume level?
on Jun 22, 2012 at 6:13:23 pm

Hi,
i would like to know if any of you knows something about the horizontal red line which is on every audio track.. (i hope it may do not seems a noob question because i use FCP a lot and i've already did search around) what i mean is sometimes i just need to raise audio volume raising this red line.. BUT something comes to my eyes: the red line should stay in the MIDDLE of the waveform graph? does it act like a low/high pass filter like this? am i wrong?
listening to the final audio i think i should better raise volume with some filter (audio gain filter maybe?)

best regards and thanks a lot in advance.

rISO3D

Return to posts index

Kylee Peña
Re: Db red line audio volume level?
on Jun 22, 2012 at 6:53:57 pm

You can do 12 db of gain with that red line, which is the clip level/audio keyframes. To amplify it further, use the Gain filter.

The position of the red line on the waveform itself doesn't matter. Just pay attention to your audio meter to prevent clipping.

blog: kyleesportfolio.com/blog
twitter: @kyl33t
demo: kyleewall.com

Return to posts index

Giuliano Bausano
Re: Db red line audio volume level?
on Jun 25, 2012 at 5:13:44 pm

Thanks for the answer but what i want to know is if the red line on the audio track MUST stay in the middle (which is always -6Db) to prevent distortions/filters to the correct original audio.

I am afraid that leaving it as it is imported (which is always 0Db) it is too loud and also the wave graph show me as i am cutting part of the LOW audio.. am i wrong?

Best regards.
rISO3D

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]