FORUMS: list search recent posts

File Error: The specified file is locked when trying to save

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shawna Talbot
File Error: The specified file is locked when trying to save
on Jun 21, 2012 at 5:01:38 pm

Hey there guys, could use a bit more help. I've looked through some old posts about this but haven't found an answer to fix this issue or why it's happening.

I have a project on a server and every so often when attempting to save the error message: File Error: The specified file is locked. Will pop and the only way to save at that point is to save the project directly to the desktop instead of on the server.

I've looked through the files and none of the files are locked. After a day or two I'm able to move the project back onto the server and continue like normal. Then after a few weeks the error comes back again.

An easy enough work around, but every error makes me nervous and I'd like to avoid them when possible. Anyone know why this is happening? So far the project hasn't been opened on any other computer. Although at time I have added other projects sequences to my project. Could this be part of the problem? Any advice and help would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: File Error: The specified file is locked when trying to save
on Jun 22, 2012 at 9:12:02 am

That sounds like a kind of "permisions' problems.
The files may not be locked, but you may have not have permissions to write (save_ on that file.
have a look on the info window.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]