FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compatibility

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jack fox
Compatibility
on Jun 21, 2012 at 2:23:40 pm

It has been awhile. In the past I used 24p Advanced for all my video needs, but this time I need to be compatible. The problem is I cannot find a "Scene File" on my DVX100 that is appropriate. I suspect 30fps is what I need. Please advise what and how to choose a "Scene File" that is compatible with other cameras (30fps non-DVX100 SP variety) and is good for interior lighting.

Or can I just shoot in 24p Advanced and just capture in 30fps?

Thank you.

jmf

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: Compatibility
on Jun 22, 2012 at 2:25:41 pm

The 30fps is really 29.97... or if you shot 24p (NOT advanced) it too will be 29.97 with a pulldown. The advanced 24p doesn't look all that great if you need to deliver 29.97.

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: http://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

Current DVD:
http://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX - Cinema Displays I have a 22" that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

Return to posts index

jack fox
on Jun 26, 2012 at 10:30:08 pm

I guess I can shoot in 24p (not advanced) to get it in the timeline as a 60i interlaced footage that would make it more compatible with other camera rolls? The question is what capture settings to use in FCP?

jmf

Return to posts index

jack fox
on Jun 28, 2012 at 9:46:17 pm

Thanks. I'll use Scene File F5. Should the "Rec Speed" be set to "SP" or "LP"?

jmf

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]