FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video "shortens" when exported...

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nic Ruley
Video "shortens" when exported...
on Jun 20, 2012 at 11:59:47 pm

Hello, so I've been working on this project all day and come to a problem.

The short story is that when I export my video, the audio is out of sync.

I then simply exported the entire audio alone. This turned out to be 10:28;21.

Then I exported the video by itself. It turned out to be 10:21;06

Here's what I can tell you. My clips are all 29.97. But the audio is 44.1. My timeline is also 29.97, but was 48 on audio. That, in general, is the only difference I can see.

I attempted to create a NEW sequence that was 44.1 audio, but this actually made the sync issue much worse. This made the video appear to be even MORE "sped up" when exported.

I attempted to go into the xml and find any odd settings, but found that they were consistent with the timebase being 30 and ntsc being true.

The only time when this is NOT a problem is exporting with the "recompress frames" box ticked. It took nearly 4 hours for the first MINUTE to compress this way and I would rather not have the project take two days for a test compression.

I'm fairly desperate to fix this and never have the problem again in the future. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I've been working on this project for two days and do NOT want to start from scratch.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Video "shortens" when exported...
on Jun 21, 2012 at 12:12:45 am

FCP doesn't like working with 44.1 audio. All audio in FCP must be 48K in order to work right.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Nic Ruley
on Jun 21, 2012 at 12:20:42 am

So at this juncture, what would be the best way to handle the situation?

Is it to go back and re-import everything?

Return to posts index

Jessica Muth
on Jun 21, 2012 at 12:37:40 am

Have you tried rendering out your audio at 48khz as a separate audio track?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jun 21, 2012 at 1:41:46 am

Duplicate the project. Convert the audio to 48Khz via Compressor. Open the duplicate. bring the new converted audio into the duplicate project. See if you can get the audio to relink to the new 48K audio. If not, you might need to re-edit it.

Dunno...I haven't done this before. So I'm just guessing. Saying what I'd try to do.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Jessica Muth
on Jun 21, 2012 at 12:39:52 pm

I actually agree with Shane. I had this issue awhile back when I was trying to capture footage and the audio was behind. I ended up having to recapture everything or expiring audio at a differently kHz.

Jessica Muth
Production Operations Manager
Video Labs
Rockville, MD
301-217-0000
jmuth@videolabs.net

Return to posts index

Nic Ruley
on Jun 21, 2012 at 6:24:56 pm

I exported the audio into compressor and changed it to 48. Still had the same issue.

I believe.... the problem was something else altogether. In an effort to save time, I adjusted a render setting that I shouldn't have. Just did an entire recompress and all is right with the world again.

Settings reset as well.

Thanks of the help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]