FORUMS: list search recent posts

Media Manager Question - FCP 7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris McElroy
Media Manager Question - FCP 7
on Jun 20, 2012 at 3:23:40 pm

I am trying to use Media Manager to save space on my system. I have attached a pic of the settings I'm using in the Media Manager dialog box as well as the 2 notifications I've received when implementing this selection. On the first notice, I select "Add". I want to save all items from a master sequence, adding 2 second handles. It seems to me that the clips that are being saved retain handles that are longer than 2 seconds. Is there something I have set wrong?

Return to posts index

Andrew Kimery
Re: Media Manager Question - FCP 7
on Jun 20, 2012 at 9:23:01 pm

I don't see the pictures you wanted attached to your post, but make sure that all of your master clips have a Reel Number assigned to them. In the Browser window keep scrolling until you see the Reel column. If a clip does not have a Reel Number assigned to it FCP will not trim the clip down during a media manage. You can Ree Numbers in the Browser itself. A warning will pop up about modifying the clip itself and just hit okay/yes.

-Andrew

Return to posts index

Chris McElroy
on Jun 22, 2012 at 6:02:05 pm

Somehow my images did not attach before. Here they are now I hope. My clips have reel numbers.
thanks

Return to posts index

Andrew Kimery
on Jun 22, 2012 at 7:43:53 pm

No exaggeration, I've media managed dozens ( possibly even hundreds) of projects w/FCP 5-7 and I've never seen that message before. I've always used 'copy' and not 'use existing' so that might have something to do with it. Use Existing actually deletes the unused media from your computer and that's not something I've ever wanted to do.

What codec is your footage in?

It sounds like the warning is basically saying that if you don't hit 'add' some of the media you are using might get deleted.

Return to posts index

Chris McElroy
on Jun 22, 2012 at 8:38:18 pm

Yes, I've hit 'add'. There's just tons of unused footage - which is why I chose to use the 'existing media' option. I am clearing out a decent amount of space - but not as much as I thought.
The footage is recorded in XDCAM-EX and I keep my sequences in that codec.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]