FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVCProHD & FCP7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Fix
DVCProHD & FCP7
on Jun 19, 2012 at 11:35:45 pm

I need to export video shot in DVCProHD (P2) and edited in FCP7 to a client for use as B roll by third parties (mostly, but not always, TV stations). I know that viewing exported QuickTime movies can be a problem if said client or third parties don't have the DVCProHD codec that comes with FCP's QuickTime but not the standard QuickTime application. Naturally, I want to send them the highest possible quality. The files would be sent to the client and they would deal with the third parties.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: DVCProHD & FCP7
on Jun 20, 2012 at 1:10:22 am

Export what you need. Use Compressor to convert to ProRes.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

David Fix
on Jun 20, 2012 at 6:06:47 pm

Thanks so much for your response.

Will any NLE on Mac or PC be able to use these files without having FCP?

If client or 3rd party wants to upload to youtube/vimeo or insert files into, say, a PowerPoint is ProRes still the best solution?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jun 20, 2012 at 6:13:13 pm

[David Fix] "Will any NLE on Mac or PC be able to use these files without having FCP?"

IF they support P2. Avid does, Adobe Premiere does, Edius does. Not sure about Vegas. But the rule of thumb is to ALWAYS back up the original media. DO NOT import thru an NLE for use in another. Most NLEs import/convert into manners that only that NLE can deal with.

[David Fix] "If client or 3rd party wants to upload to youtube/vimeo or insert files into, say, a PowerPoint is ProRes still the best solution?"

No. Never was. ProRes is the best option for editing in FCP. For exporting for use in Powerpoint, MP4 or H.264...or in the cases where I deliver it to clients with PCs running powerpoint, .WMV. YouTube and Video want H.264.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]