FORUMS: list search recent posts

Super Magic Encoding

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thomas Morter-Laing
Super Magic Encoding
on Jun 19, 2012 at 10:33:20 am

Ive been shooting on progressively better formats (HDV- DSLR H264- XDCAM EX- DVCPROHD etc) and getting better. My end format is for the web most often, but I was looking at one of Apple's youtube videos the other day, and their encoding seems incredible- even on youtube, crisp, clear results. So two part question:

If money was no object, what is the best software for HD video encoding for the web?

If money was no object, what's the best overall solution for encoding for the web? (including hardware etc)- additionally, does hardware actually make encoding better? Or just faster?

Tom Morter-Laing
Twitter- @TomTheEditor
iMac 27" intel i7 3.4GHz, 12GB RAM, ATI HD 6970M [2GB GDDR5], 2x G-Tech G-RAID (0) 2TB over Thunderbolt via Sonnet Echo ExpressCard/34 Thunderbolt adapter and Tempo™ SATA ExpressCard/34. Elgato Turbo H264HD.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Super Magic Encoding
on Jun 19, 2012 at 1:17:23 pm

Hi Thomas,
I think that the actual improvement in the YouTube videos comes from the engine that YouTube use now for re-compression/resizing.
I think that QT makes a decent job for videos for YouTube and Vimeo. For your side, try to upload them with enough data rate and Key-frames (auto is the best setting if you make a multi-pass).
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]