FORUMS: list search recent posts

unsharp mask filter in FCP 6.0

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Keith Betts
unsharp mask filter in FCP 6.0
on Jun 18, 2012 at 11:33:25 pm

Editing a dance recital and have noticed a soft focus issue with some of the footage. I think the back focus setting may have been the problem. Stage lighting changes throughout the performance so the soft focus issue does not seem to affect all of the footage. Any recommended settings for Unsharp Mask in FCP or any other filter that could subtly improve this problem? Really bummed out. I was so concerned with exposure with f-stops and shutter settings considering overhead stage lighting washes out the fair skin dancers that soft focus was the last thing I would have expected to b a problem.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: unsharp mask filter in FCP 6.0
on Jun 18, 2012 at 11:37:46 pm

I use the Lyric unsharp mask filter. fxFactory also have some nice sharpen plugin filters that deal with chroma, luma, RGB etc so they have some interesting control, but for general softness, the Lyric plugin is the one I prefer.

I have also used the sharpen control in Color's FX room once or twice and it worked well.

Return to posts index

Keith Betts
Re: unsharp mask filter in FCP 6.0
on Jun 19, 2012 at 2:54:39 am

Thanks for the tip. I've used fxfactory plugs-in before but am not familiar with Lyric. I'll do a little research and analysis and decide which one to pick up.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]