FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP Won't save... how to prevent this from happening

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jamie Hogan
FCP Won't save... how to prevent this from happening
on Jun 18, 2012 at 8:14:00 pm

Hi all --

So when working in FCP 7.0.3, every so often, when I attempt to save my project it will give me a general error and won't let me save or save as anything. I know that trashing the preferences fixes the problem, but can anyone tell me what causes it? It seems to be happening more often lately and even with auto-saving every 15 minutes, I'm getting screwed.

Thanks!
Jamie

Return to posts index

Tina Hedegaard
Re: FCP Won't save... how to prevent this from happening
on Jun 18, 2012 at 8:51:40 pm

I experience this a lot, at some reason mostly after lunch. I think in my case that it is a communication issue between our server and fcp. I normally just save at my local scratch disc and do the backup to the server at the end of the day.
But I've always been curious if a solution existed.

Cheers

Tina Hedegaard
Editor | Assisting Editor
Final Cut Pro 7 | Media Composer 5.5.3/6.0.1.1
Mac OS 10.6.8| Mac OS 10.7.4

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: FCP Won't save... how to prevent this from happening
on Jun 18, 2012 at 10:01:46 pm

As soon as it happens to me -- which is rare -- I just use the Save As command of the project to the desktop. FCP saves it with the word copy appended. I quit FCP, open the project on the desktop confirm that it's good, do a Save As to the original project file's location, using the original project file's name. FCP saves over the project file when I tell it to.

Then I keep working. If I lose 2 minutes, that's a lot of time lost using this trick.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]