FORUMS: list search recent posts

transfer r3d to prores 444 problem

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Francisco Bech Gómez
transfer r3d to prores 444 problem
on Jun 18, 2012 at 5:09:13 pm

Hello

I am trying to log and transfer r3d clips, red one at 4k, in FCP7 . The clips at 444 show a lot of noise in FCP in the canvas, it I export the sequence as quick time movie with present settings I get black video. Only if I transfer the r3d clips to 422 HQ everything is ok. why can´t I transfer to 444?
I am using Imac intel from 2008, i upgraded to 4Gb of ram

best regards

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
Re: transfer r3d to prores 444 problem
on Jun 18, 2012 at 5:18:04 pm

[Francisco Bech Gómez] "I am using Imac intel from 2008, i upgraded to 4Gb of ram "

You're gonna need a LOT more powerful computer than an iMac to do this. 4GB of RAM is not even bare minimum.

You're gonna need a system with multi cores, at least 16GB of RAM and an EXTREMELY fast RAID array.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Creative Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: transfer r3d to prores 444 problem
on Jun 18, 2012 at 10:22:38 pm

When you posted before Fransisco, I indicated that your computer was underpowered for RED workflows. Adding more RAM now has you at the minimum requirement for FCP but still underpowered for serious codecs like r3d and ProRes4444. Constant reposting about this cannot change the fact that your machine will struggle with RED.

I suggest you visit the RED website where there is a lot of information about minimum computer specs. With your setup, ProRes4444 is not likely to work. Depending on your workflow it may also be totally unnecessary.

The RED site also has lots of free software like REDRushes and RED Cine X which are alternative software to convert r3d to ProRes.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]