I'm working on a documentary with 15 hours of footage in proRes 720p24.
I've been working off of an external hard drive with my mbp and would like to create proxy footage so I can edit directly of my internal hard drive. Here was what I was thinking of doing (and I'm wondering if there's a better/easier way)?
1. Compress all footage to proxy in Compressor.
2. Create an alternate mirror folder structure on my internal hard drive.
3. Copy the proxy/smaller files to the mirror folder structure in the internal drive
4. Remove the extra words in file names that compressor creates, so that the names are same as original.
5. Disconnect External Drive
6. Boot FCP and link media to the internal files.
Is there an easier better way?
I did do a search, and didn't see anything with this question/answer.