FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP imports Canon AVCHD 50i as 25p

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Milivoj Ivkovic
FCP imports Canon AVCHD 50i as 25p
on Jun 15, 2012 at 6:44:19 pm

I have AVCHD footage from a Canon XA10, which was shot in standard interlaced 50i mode.

When using Log & Transfer to import it, it is encoded to ProRes 422 as 25p (field dominance is set to none in the clip properties). This is visibly wrong.

I tried both FCP 6 and FCP 7. Even though I had more import options in FCP7, I found no way to specify I wanted interlaced ProRes in the Log&Trans import.

In FCP settings, I have selected 50i, Top field first everywhere I could (though it only appears to matter in the sequence settings).

When taking the clip into the 50i sequence, I am prompted to convert the sequence. I have to say "no" for the images to play correctly. But playing just the clip in the viewer, it shows terrible interlacing artefacts.

Return to posts index

Mark Wilcox
Re: FCP imports Canon AVCHD 50i as 25p
on Jul 10, 2012 at 12:03:34 pm

Hi there Milivoj

I have exactly the same problem, same camera, using FCP 6. The L&T process turns the 50i clips into 25fps clips with No Field Dominance.

I have tried all possible variations of forcing the clips to take on different Field Dominances (Lower, Upper) and matching these with a variety of sequence settings but although I can make the programme look great in the canvas, as soon as I export to QuickTime the picture has horrible interlacing problems.

I have found another references to this problem but no fixes.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3554680?start=0&tstart=0

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]