FORUMS: list search recent posts

Capturing Complications?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Patrick Bronte
Capturing Complications?
on Jun 14, 2012 at 4:54:21 am

After having to disconnect my HDD where all my media is stored, I now have the massive task of reconnecting my offline media. A simple enough task but:

What should I make of this dialogue box?

" Some attributes of one or more of the files you have chosen do not match the attributes of the original. This may cause problems within the sequences that are dependent on them. The attributes that differed are as follows:
Media Start and Ends"

I did change some names after it was captured. How would the attributes that differ such as "Media Starts and Ends" effect the captured footage/source material when it comes to editing the material?

If I had to disconnect the external HDD that I'm using to capture the recorded material onto on a regular basis is there anyway of avoiding the issue of having to manually reconnect offline media that has had it's name changed after it has been captured.?

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Capturing Complications?
on Jun 14, 2012 at 5:25:46 am

If you have a disconnect close FCP immediately without saving and then reopen after the drive is reconnected.

If you change names then reconnect can be a problem. This is also true if you have repeat names like untitled as file names plus timecode plus reel numbers are important and shouldn't be changed lightly.

Return to posts index

Antoine Legrand
Re: Capturing Complications?
on Jun 14, 2012 at 2:10:07 pm

Hello Patrick.

Did you change the names of your medias in FCP or directly on your HDD? If you change the source media after having imported it in FCP, you'll have to reconnect your medias, because FCP doesn't find the sources files. If you didn't change the place of these media at there source, I think you'll have to rename them at source, and reconnect them in FCP, but you can do it in one time selecting all disconnected medias.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]