FORUMS: list search recent posts

Importing portrait and landscape images into FCP for timelapse

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Maikha Ly
Importing portrait and landscape images into FCP for timelapse
on Jun 14, 2012 at 3:20:41 am

Hi folks!

I have a few thousand photos I'm wanting to put together in a timelapse. They're a combination of both landscape and portrait orientated images, and I was wondering if there was a way I could import all the images into an FCP sequence, where the portrait/vertical images kept their orientation?

It seems when I Preview or open up the portrait images into PhotoShop, it recognises it as vertical, but it seems FCP doesn't see it that way, rotating the portrait/vertical images to conform to the landscape aspect of the video.

Apologies if this doesn't make much sense, I've described it as best as I can!

Many thanks

Return to posts index

Grant Strac
Re: Importing portrait and landscape images into FCP for timelapse
on Jun 14, 2012 at 4:26:37 am

Final Cut will not know the difference it's not made to analyze the information in the image like the other programs do. If you use iPhoto do a quick import, then select all and export out into a file and then bring this into final cut it will all be correct. I say iPhoto because it's fast and easy it analyzes the vertical horizontal automatically and you can batch export out in less than 3 minutes. This is the most automated way to do it.

Also if you go to system preferences and change the still frame duration to what length you want it, for example 20 frames or 10 when you bring into timeline it will all be at that length so you don't have to manually change the length of 100 photos. But can only be done before you import

Grant Strac
Apple Master Pro Certified Final Cut Studio 2
Apple Trainer Certified Final Cut 6
Apple Level One Apple Final Cut 7
Apple Final Cut Optimization Certified

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]