FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can't preview 5DMkIII ALL-I files on L&T

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Luis Bodden
Can't preview 5DMkIII ALL-I files on L&T
on Jun 14, 2012 at 12:51:06 am

Hi.

I'm using FCP 7.0.3 with the latest canon E1 plugin v1.3. When using Log and Transfer, i can't preview the clips i've recorded using 1920x1080 24p ALL-I. I can see a preview of the IPB ones, but i can only see the ALL-I files AFTER i've transfered them.

I do Same Day Edits so i need the previews before i transfer them.

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Grant Strac
Re: Can't preview 5DMkIII ALL-I files on L&T
on Jun 14, 2012 at 4:22:31 am

I have been using DSLR for several years and do the same thing here and there besides using 24fps. I do not understand the all-1 and ibp difference. I have never heard of that nor could I find information online. If you could tell me exactly what it means I might be able to help. My guess is it's something I know but you use different terminology.

I would love to try help

Grant Strac
Apple Master Pro Certified Final Cut Studio 2
Apple Trainer Certified Final Cut 6
Apple Level One Apple Final Cut 7
Apple Final Cut Optimization Certified

Return to posts index

Luis Bodden
on Jun 14, 2012 at 4:28:12 am

I didn't know about that either, but the 5D MkIII give me the option. It's just like that: 1920x1080 ALL-1 or 1920x1080 IPB. The manual says ALL-1 is an intraframe compression wich gives more quality but heavier files, and IPB is the regular compression DSLR use.

Return to posts index

Grant Strac
on Jun 14, 2012 at 4:36:23 am

Hm well I don't know how to help exactly but can offer suggestions. One thing I would suggest is never film in two qualities. Its like filming a project in 30fps and half in 24fps. I would put money on FCS not being able to capture both properly. Try capturing only the one type. Save quit and then capture the rest. If this doesn't work then drop capture all together and just use compressor to compress everything. Compressor is more direct and will most likely not cause that problem in theory. Sorry I can't help much but I would go direct to canon's support because they have a forum and I'll put money on someone having this problem posting a issue. Hope your problem gets solved

Grant Strac
Apple Master Pro Certified Final Cut Studio 2
Apple Trainer Certified Final Cut 6
Apple Level One Apple Final Cut 7
Apple Final Cut Optimization Certified

Return to posts index

Luis Bodden
on Jun 14, 2012 at 4:29:38 am

http://cinetechnews.com/2011/11/01/all-i-vs-ipb-compression-in-canon-eos-1d... Here is some info about it

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]