FORUMS: list search recent posts

Renaming portions of a clip

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Zachary Silver
Renaming portions of a clip
on Jun 13, 2012 at 10:36:58 pm

Hi everyone,
I've filmed an interview in one long clip - approximately 2 hours long. Now I'm editing it, and for the purpose of organization (very necessary for my project), I went through and spliced my one clip into separate clips in the timeline. I dragged the smaller clips back into the browser, and renamed them without trouble. But now, I need to rename portions of these already divided portions of my original long clip, and it won't work. When I splice my clip titled "intro" into two parts, when I drag one part back into the browser and rename, both parts get renamed. Is there any sort of work around for this? Why was I able to rename portions of the big clip on the first round, but now cannot rename portions of the portions of the big clip? Would nesting the clips be a viable solution? I considered this possibility but I do not know if that results in any quality degradation. Any help anybody can offer is much appreciated!

Thanks,

Zachary Silver

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Renaming portions of a clip
on Jun 13, 2012 at 11:04:58 pm

You are doing things wrong.

The proper way is to load the long clip into the VIEWER. Mark IN and OUT points, then SUBCLIP that. Name the subclips. Those will take any name you give it, and won't rename anything else.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]