FORUMS: list search recent posts

Best settings for stills only HD video output

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Maddie Yates
Best settings for stills only HD video output
on Jun 13, 2012 at 8:57:17 pm

I'm trying to put together a stop-motion video, composed only of still images, where the final video needs to be output in HD.

I've looked at a couple of guides to creating HD videos with FCP settings, but on output they all distort the stills horizontally so that they're much narrower than they should be (albeit great quality!).

Does anyone have any tips for setting up FCP for stills and HD output? I'm used to working with DV-PAL clips, so have no experience with HD formats but generally know my way around FCP. I feel as though it should be as simple as creating a sequence with the right size canvas and exporting according to that, but can't identify where that's not happening correctly (extended noodling with the 'size' settings on conversion hasn't led to any joy so far).

I think the problem must be either with my output settings, or that they're clashing with my sequence settings, but I haven't seen this question asked/answered anywhere else so would appreciate any insight!

Thanks in advance,
Maddie.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Best settings for stills only HD video output
on Jun 13, 2012 at 9:14:12 pm

[Maddie Yates] " the final video needs to be output in HD."

"HD" is rather vague. 1080p HD? 720pHD? 1080iHD? On tape? For the web? For BluRay? Playback on a computer? YouTube? What is the specific destination of this video?

[Maddie Yates] "
Does anyone have any tips for setting up FCP for stills and HD output?"

Use a ProRes 1920x1080 sequence. Frame rate...well, depends on personal preference. But a ProRes sequence should be your target.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]