FORUMS: list search recent posts

Media Managing

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
William Edwards
Media Managing
on Jun 13, 2012 at 3:01:11 pm

I'm working on a few tests with footage with speed changes/ramps, and media managing. What I've found is that when copying (duplicating) files, the speed changes in the new media managed sequence stay true, as long as I don't add handles. When I do that, the speed change slips a little, especially when you have a variable speed change.

These tests were done on Apple Pro Res quicktimes. 2 things that I'm wondering though too is:

1) Does this work for quicktime wrapper files? Specifically, Apple XDCam EX files from a sony f3?
2) I did these tests on FCP 7. Is there a difference with FCP 6?

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Media Managing
on Jun 13, 2012 at 4:07:35 pm

There was a change to the way FCP handled speed changes from FCP 6 to 7. Also Media Manager in 7 seems more solid and less buggy. There are still bugs and issues however.

Always test and MM projects do have to be checked. Biggest gotcha these days seems to be with file based sources with no reel numbers in the file metadata.

Return to posts index

Grant Strac
Re: Media Managing
on Jun 13, 2012 at 6:59:51 pm

The media manager is also refereed to as media mangler. Be careful. You should only use the option to "copy media to location". This is non-destructive. All other options are destructive and could destroy your entire world if you are not fully educated in MM

Grant Strac
Apple Master Pro Certified FCS2
Apple Certified Trainer FCP6
Apple FCS Optimization Certified
Apple Level One FCS7 Certified

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]