FORUMS: list search recent posts

Keylight for FCP keeps crashing

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Roper
Keylight for FCP keeps crashing
on Jun 13, 2012 at 12:09:15 am

Hello,

I've noticed I'm not the first person in this forum to experience the sheer crapness of The Foundry's Keylight in FCP. Has everyone just stopped using it or is there some kind of magical workaround? Their support guys just say to not use it on complex projects and to "experiment" with memory settings in the FCP preferences. Which renders it pretty much useless. I use Keylight all the time in After Effects and it's great - I know FCP is a rickety old antique compared to Adobe's offerings, but if there's someone out there who can help me breathe some life into the FCP/Keylight combination, I'd be very happy to hear from you!

Alternatively, can anyone recommend a good alternative to Keylight? I find FCP's keyers give mediocre-at-best results.

Thanks in advance,

Paul

Return to posts index

Grant Strac
Re: Keylight for FCP keeps crashing
on Jun 14, 2012 at 4:30:18 am

Well I can only say use Motion. Right click the file in timeline and send to motion file. Add the primatte rt or the chroma key filter and set to screen color and automatically it is amazing what it does. Motion is INSANELY good at keying. Always use Motion because it is powerful in bold. The automatic filter presets will pull the key almost 90% and tweak them slightly. Than lastly drop the spill suppressor on it. You can pull an amazing key in 5 minutes

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]