FORUMS: list search recent posts

Frame size differences

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Victor Vazquez
Frame size differences
on Jun 11, 2012 at 10:11:43 pm

Hello all,

I converted some .MOD video files coming from a JVC camcorder using MPEG Streamclip into Quicktime H.264 854x480 (16:9) video files to use in Final Cut Pro. I did this for two different projects (two different groups of videos from the same camcorder). The first group showed up in Final Cut by filling up the entire window. The second group showed up by leaving an equal amount of black space both above and below the video. What I'm wondering is, why is it that I converted video files that were all .MOD files coming from the same camcorder into video files that were all Quicktime H.264 854x480 (16:9) files, and the two different groups of videos showed up as different sizes in Final Cut. Does anyone have an idea of what's going on?

Thanks,
Victor

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Frame size differences
on Jun 11, 2012 at 11:11:08 pm

[Victor Vazquez] "I converted some .MOD video files coming from a JVC camcorder using MPEG Streamclip into Quicktime H.264 854x480 (16:9) video files to use in Final Cut Pro"

BZZZT! I'll stop you right there. That was wrong. FCP doesn't work with H.264 files well. Not well at all. You need to convert to an editing format. ProRes is the format of choice. What is that JVC camera recording? Some odd 16:9 SD format?

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Victor Vazquez
Re: Frame size differences
on Jun 12, 2012 at 4:38:14 am

Thanks a lot! I never thought to work with the ProRes format. I was thinking H.264 was a good choice. I'm not too sure what the camera films exactly but I believe it's 16:9 SD.

Thanks again,

Victor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]