FORUMS: list search recent posts

When I drag my video clip to timeline, some of the audio tracks vanish

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris King
When I drag my video clip to timeline, some of the audio tracks vanish
on Jun 11, 2012 at 5:11:07 pm

Hey guys, hopefully this is a simple-fix kind of problem but basically it's what that title reads---when I load clips into my viewer there are 7 audio tabs, but when I drop the clips into my timeline only 4 audio tracks lay in. Suggestions?

All the connections to the left of the timeline are connected, but there are only 4 to connect.

Also these are 'merged' clips---Quicktimes with 1 scratch audio track merged with .WAV files of 6 audio tracks, giving me the final 7 audio tracks.

Thanks for the help!

Return to posts index

Chris King
Re: When I drag my video clip to timeline, some of the audio tracks vanish
on Jun 11, 2012 at 6:04:04 pm

SOLVED IT!

I simply needed to create new audio tracks in the timeline manually. I.e. Since I had 7 audio tracks, I needed to create new tracks for 5-7. Otherwise it only brought in enough to fill the 4 default audio tracks that appear with every new timeline. If I had 8 channels, I'd need to have created 8 tracks or more, 9 channels, create 9 tracks or more, etc.

It seems strange that the new tracks wouldn't be created automatically when brought each clip into the timeline, but that's how it is. Hope this helps anyone else running into this issue!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]