FORUMS: list search recent posts

Converting MP4 files to MOV so it can play in FCP

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vicki Menzies
Converting MP4 files to MOV so it can play in FCP
on Jun 11, 2012 at 7:32:14 am

Hey Guys,
I am having a big problem getting my footage on FCP. I normally import footage through XDCAM transfer from my EX1 camera but was away and ended up importing footage onto a friends laptop via USB and then onto a HD. The footage has for some reason shown up as MPA files and when I try to play in QT or FCP its says 'The movie contains some invalid data.' I really need the footage for my doco and it needs to be boradcast quality so is there a way to transcode it into MOV (and then preferably Apple Pro Res) without losing quality? There is a software called iSkySoft which will play it and convert it to HD MOV files but the sizes are much smaller then the original files and the audio won't function properly in FCP.
Thank you in advance

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Converting MP4 files to MOV so it can play in FCP
on Jun 11, 2012 at 1:55:46 pm

[Vicki Menzies] "MPA "
I guess you mean MP4.
If so, you need to use the SONY Clip Browser to rebuild the EX-1 file structure (BPAV), put that folder inside another folder, and then run L&T as you normally do from camera.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Vicki Menzies
Re: Converting MP4 files to MOV so it can play in FCP
on Jun 11, 2012 at 8:27:24 pm

Hi, Yes woops meant MP4. I had a play around last night and ended up downloading Clip Browser. It wouldn't import to FCP and kept saying error but I opened up preferences and it was set to download to FCP X not FCP 7 so I changed it and now it works. Thank-you so much for the quick reply!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]