FORUMS: list search recent posts

Remastering after off lining at a lower resolution?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tedd Kidd
Remastering after off lining at a lower resolution?
on Jun 10, 2012 at 2:36:40 pm

I have shot a multicamera project and recorded each camera via Aja Ki-Pro. I have six camera angles recorded in ProRes format at 1080i. Show length is aproximatley 60 minutes. I am editing on a Mac Pro with six processors and 32 gigs of memory. Video card is new ATI with 1 gig of memory. Media files are stored on internal 2TB RAID 0 drive.

In the past when I did multicam edit (HDV) I had no problem with playback or edit. With this project (assuming because of high data rate) playback is sluggish to non existent. I have read about editing 'offline' in lower res then remastering back to high res when edit is complete. I have not found any information...yet on how the remastering takes place. Any links or instruction would be appreciated.

I have FCP 7 and X. I have read that FCP X is handles multicam very. I willing to give it a try.

Thanks,
Tedd

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: mastering after off lining at a lower resolution?
on Jun 10, 2012 at 9:57:49 pm

In FCP 7, use the Media Manager and the RECOMPRESS option. Choose ProRes Proxy. Edit with that footage, take full res footage offline. When done editing, take Proxy footage offline and relink to full res.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]