FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio levels differ between external speakers and headphones on an FCP edited project.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Fred Grace
Audio levels differ between external speakers and headphones on an FCP edited project.
on Jun 8, 2012 at 8:38:51 pm

Hello,

I did an audio mix for a video I've edited on FCP7 wearing headphones and also checking my levels. everything was fine, peaking at -9db, generally at -15 to -12db.

I then sent it to my client and they listened to it on laptop speakers and they told me that parts of it were really quiet in comparison to other sections.

I checked it on my computer (Macbook pro with Snow leopard), both on the low res QT I'd sent them and also on my original FCP timeline and the same problem.

Why is this happening and how can I fix it,

really appreciate any help you can give me on this problem

thanks

Fred

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Audio levels differ between external speakers and headphones on an FCP edited project.
on Jun 8, 2012 at 8:48:02 pm

Do not mix using headphones. It will sound different than every other way of viewing. Computer speakers, TV speakers...VERY different. Things are louder, and you can catch background sounds that speakers will not show.

Mix to the speakers. NOT to headphones.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Jay Biskwee
Re: Audio levels differ between external speakers and headphones on an FCP edited project.
on Sep 15, 2013 at 12:37:12 pm

I have this problem as well and cannot seem to get the audio to sound correct on the laptop speakers

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]