FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adding multicam to existing project?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Morten Resen
Adding multicam to existing project?
on Jun 8, 2012 at 10:49:12 am

Hi!

I'm pretty new to FCP X - sorry if it's a weird question!

I'm editing an interview recorded with two cameras. I've have been rough editing the first camera shot in a project and haven't done anyting to the other camera shot apart from importing it to my event.

So now I have the first camera shot edited in my timeline. But now I want to add the other camera to what I've edited. Is it in anyway possible to add a new camera/angle to what I have already edited? Someway of making FCP to sync the second camera shot with what I have already edited on the first camera? Or do I have to start all over and make it a multicam project in the first place (I can of course do that but it'll give me a lot extra work because I then have to start all over again)?

Anybody knows?

Thanx in advance!

Regards,
Morten

Return to posts index

David Eaks
Re: Adding multicam to existing project?
on Jun 8, 2012 at 12:27:13 pm

FYI this is the FCP 7 and prior forum, this thread should be posted in the FCPX Tecniques forum.

What kind of editing has been done to camera 1 so far? If its just color correction, effects, audio adjustments etc I think you could put your edited clip into a compound clip, then use that as one angle along with camera 2 and be good to go. If camera 1 has been cut up it's not going to be in sync after the first cut. I don't think FCP will automatically break apart your compound clip to match the pieces up with camera 2. If you can manually break apart the compound clip from within the angle editor, set camera 2 as the monitoring angle, then individually sync each camera 1 cut to the monitoring angle... It might work but camera 1 would have gaps at every cut (which could function as reference points to cut camera 2 at the same places). Might be better off starting with a fresh multicam clip though. I don't know, I'm still getting a grip on FCPX myself.

On another note, keep in mind that you can't mix the audio from different angles in a multican clip, only switch from the audio of one angle to another. You can premix an audio-only compound clip to be used as its own angle in the multicam clip if need be.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]