FORUMS: list search recent posts

Deinterlacing Problem

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rob Jennings
Deinterlacing Problem
on Jun 8, 2012 at 1:00:53 am

Hello, I'm fairly new to production and I'm having a problem with removing 2-3 pulldown. Here's what's going on:

I'm shooting on a Panasonic P2HD (AG-HPX170P). I record using the 24p setting, which records the 24p signal at 59.94i. In FCP, I import from the P2 card to Apple ProRes 422 (LT). The imported footage then displays at 29.97. I assume this is due to extra frames from 2-3 pulldown, and I have to run a reverse telecine. So I open the source footage in Compressor and create a custom setting. Using the Apple ProRes 422 HQ setting as a base, I've tried to change the frame rate to both 23.976 and 24 (23.976 seems to work better), and I've selected the Reverse Telecine Option. However, after rendering, the footage always has interlacing artifacts. Do you notice a step I'm missing or have any recommendations that might help?

Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Alan Okey
Re: Deinterlacing Problem
on Jun 8, 2012 at 7:13:32 pm

Use Cinema Tools. If you didn't shoot 24p Advanced, you will have to manually specify the A frame (read the manual), but assuming you can do that correctly then Cinema Tools will properly remove the 3:2 pulldown and create 24p files.

I seem to recall others on this forum complaining about Compressor's spotty record for properly performing reverse telecine.

Return to posts index

Rob Jennings
Re: Deinterlacing Problem
on Jun 8, 2012 at 8:05:18 pm

You are god.

You just totally saved my project. Thank you so much!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]