FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP 7 and Canon VIXIA G10

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bert Delgado
FCP 7 and Canon VIXIA G10
on Jun 7, 2012 at 8:06:13 pm

Hello,
I am considering adding a Canon VIXIA G10 to my set of videocameras.

Has anyone in this forum used it with FCP 7?
Any problems or issues?

Has anyone used it with the camera's surround sound microphone?
Do I get six tracks in FCP 7, or how is it handled?

Thanks for info.

Bert

Return to posts index

David Eaks
Re: FCP 7 and Canon VIXIA G10
on Jun 7, 2012 at 8:49:17 pm

No problems with the G10s recordings here. Successfully recorded to 32 gb class 10 SD cards or internal memory on 6-7 ~2 hour projects so far. L&T in FCP 7 works fine, edit native in FCPX is fine. I haven't really looked into the in-camera audio, as I don't use it.

I was actually pretty impressed with the quality from this little guy, i kind of just dismissed all consumer handy cams over the years, assuming they were crap but you can get a decent image with the right settings. My only problem is that the G10's mini HDMI out will only give an SD signal to my Panasonic AW-HS50's DVI input. And for that, I am returning the camera.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Jun 8, 2012 at 10:47:40 am

[David Eaks] "the G10's mini HDMI out will only give an SD signal to my Panasonic AW-HS50's DVI input. "
Even in stan by?
Sure no way to change it in the menus?
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

David Eaks
on Jun 8, 2012 at 11:21:46 am

I tried, didn't find any settings to change the output, just a 1080p on/off. The manual even says "correct operation can not be guaranteed on DVI monitors".

With an HDMI (f) to DVI (m) adapter on my switchers DVI input, I alternately plugged the G10's HDMI into the switcher and then into a TV and back. Shows up 1080i on the TV and looks nice and crisp. Then plug it to the switcher and it's input info shows SD, the image can be scaled (stretch/fit/crop) in the switcher but looks horrible when mixed with my Sony NX5's. The G10's video looks great once transferred from the card and doing a multican edit though. Definitely just what I wanted for a low cost camera to be used as a static wide shot, but I have to be able to mix it live. I'm going to try one of my AJA Hi-5's to get the G10's signal via SDI, but if I have to buy another Hi-5 just for this camera I might as well just buy a more expensive camera that either works with my DVI input or has HD-SDI out.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Jun 8, 2012 at 3:04:28 pm

Thanks for the info David.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]