FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sync sound to 5D in already cut sequence.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jesse Kane
Sync sound to 5D in already cut sequence.
on Jun 7, 2012 at 7:17:19 pm

Hello, I know we messed up from the beginning but I have a question non the less.

We shot a short on a 5D with audio recorded to a separate device. We didn't have time to sync all the sound at the beginning of the project are were promised a program called Pluraleyes could do it all at the end once the project had been cut. This didn't seem to work.

Does anyone know of any way/trick to sync the sound to the 5D footage in an already cut sequence.

Thank you.

we are using FCP7

Return to posts index

Bouke Vahl
Re: Sync sound to 5D in already cut sequence.
on Jun 9, 2012 at 1:17:53 pm

Is there common timecode?
If not, you're in for a lot of work....

Otherwise there are several options, depending on what you have.
So could you be a bit more specific?

Bouke

http://www.videotoolshed.com/
smart tools for video pros

Return to posts index

Jesse Kane
on Jun 10, 2012 at 2:44:10 am

No common tc that I am aware of... from my understanding 5D doesn't generate unique tc and I think they just went wild into a sound recorder using slates to sync up later. I have found that if I do it individually a program called Pluraleyes works, but that means over cutting the whole film. Any thoughts? Thank you.

Return to posts index

Tina Hedegaard
on Jun 15, 2012 at 8:33:11 pm

I think the easiest way is to sync your original material, which you have done the edit from. When you have synced it, then drag the clips to the browser, do a batch export to codec you have used, and then relink your material.
I think it would work, because when you do the batch I FCC, then you keep the time code. FCP will probably argue about the reel since you've removed the reel.
Or you could sync it all and then replace the edits by comparing time code.
But to future projects you should sync before you edit, even though you are in a hurry you do not save anything in the long run..probably the opposite.
Good luck

Yours Sincerely

Tina Hedegaard
Editor | Final Cut Pro 7 | Media Composer 5.0 -5.5
Mac OS 10.6.7

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]