FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP7: Best video processing settings for graded ProRes 4444 material/sequence

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kriss Rozins
FCP7: Best video processing settings for graded ProRes 4444 material/sequence
on Jun 6, 2012 at 9:24:35 pm

Hi there!

I have a clip that's edited on Avid MC 6, graded in Apple Color and sent from there to FCP (using classc Send To -> Final Cut Pro method ).

In FCP I started to check sequence settings for the particular sequence created by Color and some questions born in my mind.

First of all - colour grading in Color was done in 12-bit internal depth and rendered to ProRes 4444 (which is a 10-bit codec). So the sequence in FCP is also a ProRes 4444 sequence. One thing that I noticed is that in Video Processing tab the 8-bit YUV method is chosen by default. Does it somehow affects the further workflow if I want to have my finished clip with 10-bit depth? If I choose any other of those settings, the green line appears on the sequence timeline.

And the second thing is, when I checked the ProRes 4444 settings in Sequence Settings, the default color mode was Millions of colors. There is also ability to switch to Millions of colors+. AFAIK Millions of colors is usually 8-bit and the ''+" is usually used when alpha channel is present. Does FCP has different meanings for those settings?

Thanks!

Kriss

Return to posts index

Ryan Knight
Re: FCP7: Best video processing settings for graded ProRes 4444 material/sequence
on Jul 28, 2012 at 4:17:43 pm

Great question! Did you find an answer?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]