FORUMS: list search recent posts

WHen i export movie, part of it isnt there... (Noob!)

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aaron Bean
WHen i export movie, part of it isnt there... (Noob!)
on Jun 6, 2012 at 7:45:11 pm

I dont use FCP that much so when i run into a problem i'm SOL. So i have a movie thats a bit over 5 minutes long, i got all my editing done, got my voice over work done, and its all rendered, audio and video. its originally in h.264 btw.

so i export to quicktime movie, keep settings all the same, and when i open up the movie it created, the first 30 seconds of video are not there, though all of my voice work is there. i thought maybe it was because the time marker was not at the very beginning so i moved it to the start of the video, redid it, and now the whole video is a green glitched out screen. any help?

edit: also, the original audio from the game video that i captured is offset from the video, by quite a bit. could this be a problem with my HDPVR? cause when i watch the captured video on FCP or in eyetv the audio is all synced properly.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: WHen i export movie, part of it isnt there... (Noob!)
on Jun 6, 2012 at 9:38:22 pm

Originally H.264...did you convert to ProRes before you edited? or is all the footage you used to cut, H.264. If so...that's your problem.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Aaron Bean
on Jun 6, 2012 at 11:04:27 pm

yeah all of the footage is h.264, i took one 19 minute capturing of video game footage and cut it down to a little over 5 minutes. if its all from one video do i still need to convert? what a pain in the ass... and my imovie that i usually use (for simplicity) is messed up and keeps freezing

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jun 6, 2012 at 11:10:16 pm

[Aaron Bean] ". if its all from one video do i still need to convert?"

Yes. FCP doesn't work with H.264 well at all. All sorts of issues, including the one you are experiencing.

[Aaron Bean] "what a pain in the ass..."

Don't want to convert, use a different editing app that can deal with it native...like Adobe Premiere. But it only deals with it native if you throw a lot of RAM and a kick ass graphics card that enables the Mercury Engine...and fast processors. Resources...throw a lot of resources at it. H.264 isn't an easy format to edit. it's a delivery format.

[Aaron Bean] " and my imovie that i usually use (for simplicity) is messed up and keeps freezing"

Yeah, iMovie wants it in a different format too...Apple Intermediate Codec.

Shane
Little Frog Post

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jun 6, 2012 at 11:10:54 pm

Or get FCP-X. I hear it will work with this media. And even convert it in the background for you.

Shane
Little Frog Post

Return to posts index

Aaron Bean
on Jun 7, 2012 at 12:39:18 am

If i want to convert the h.264 source video what format should i convert it into for FCP?

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Jun 7, 2012 at 3:48:43 am

Premiere works just fine without GPU acceleration. I do have 16gigs of RAM, but it's not utilizing even half of that. Since 16gigs on an iMac or MacBook pro is about $75, that's not much of a deal breaker. The MacBook Pro cards are supported, and it's a minor tweak to a text file to support the iMac cards.

FCP X works great with h264 too. No need to convert in background.

In 7 just convert to ProRes 422.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jun 7, 2012 at 6:56:35 am

ProRes

Shane
Little Frog Post

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]