FORUMS: list search recent posts

What is causing these artifacts and how to fix?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vikash Autar
What is causing these artifacts and how to fix?
on Jun 6, 2012 at 12:21:43 pm

I am quite confused. I gave a DVD to a client who claims they noticed interlacing issues while playing it back, however I did not notice any of these issues on my own DVD player.

I took the DVD to work and did notice the issue slightly on the set up over there.

The project consists of 50i and 25P material and has a resolution of 1440. I encoded the DVD using DVD Studio Pro and the run time is close to 2 hours (DVD5). The file I output from FCP is a ProRes 422 HQ file which looks fine on the computer. I even dragged the final prores file back into FCP and looked at it on a broadcast monitor, all looks fine.

I am really confused what is causing the issue. Is it just bad compression, over compression or actual interlacing?

Please help me solve this mystery.

Image (which is a photo taken of a tv). The issue can been seen at the collar and the jacket.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: What is causing these artifacts and how to fix?
on Jun 6, 2012 at 2:33:35 pm

What workflow did you use to create the m2v and ac3 files for authoring in DVDSP? Please tell us step by step.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Vikash Autar
Re: What is causing these artifacts and how to fix?
on Jun 11, 2012 at 4:46:55 am

It was a long time ago. The project has been lying a long time around to get fixed. I remember just using DVD SP to do the encoding, I made it fit it to a DVD - 5.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]