FORUMS: list search recent posts

Color correcting multiclip Final Cut Pro X (Workflow)

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Juha Västi
Color correcting multiclip Final Cut Pro X (Workflow)
on Jun 6, 2012 at 8:19:09 am

Hey,
im new with final cut pro x and there is lot to learn. I have used final cut pro 7 over 5 years.
I edited live gig with final cut pro X and i have to say that i loved the new workflow and the automatic synch method (4 cameras 1 mixed audio).

My problem is that when the gig is edited (40min and 4 cameras)
I would like to correct exposure on wide camera and fix colors on a another camera. So what would be the smartest way to do it?

With old final cut i would color correct one cut of the wide shot clips and then copy it and paste it as attributes to all other wide shots.

If i have to color correct the clip everytime when i cut to it..it will take days to make it done.

Return to posts index

Ryan Holmes
Re: Color correcting multiclip Final Cut Pro X (Workflow)
on Jun 6, 2012 at 1:26:00 pm

You'll get a better response by posting in the appropriate forum:
http://forums.creativecow.net/fcpxtechnique

This forum general deals with questions from the legacy version of FCP (4, 5, 6, and 7).

To your question: why can't you just copy/paste the attributes in FCPX? They aren't selective like in FCP7 but you can still copy/paste. Or just color correct the camera angles before you do you multi-cam edit...so everything goes in color corrected and balanced before you edit

Ryan Holmes
http://www.ryanholmes.me
vimeo.com/ryanholmes

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Jun 6, 2012 at 4:47:35 pm

In X just open the multicam clip and color correct the one angle. It affects all instances in all sequences using that multicam clip. Much better than 7. If you need to color correct shot by shot, add it in the main sequence like 7

Return to posts index

Matthew Smith
on Aug 5, 2013 at 11:05:49 am

"If you need to color correct shot by shot, add it in the main sequence like 7". Really? I don't think FCPX allows you to do this. The things like colour correct and trim are not available in the effects browser when a multicam clip is selected in the timeline ...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]