FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut Studio won't update

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aram Gevorgyan
Final Cut Studio won't update
on Jun 1, 2012 at 3:04:56 am

I've recently downloaded FCP studio 3 and I got a software update yesterday to update FCP to 7.0.3, Motion to 4.0.3, Soundtrack Pro to 3.0.3 and so on. However when I tried opening Motion today it crashed and I noticed it was still at version 4.0 so I need to know why software update didn't work.

Return to posts index

Tony Brittan
Re: Final Cut Studio won't update
on Jun 1, 2012 at 1:07:32 pm

Well, AFIK, you can't "download" Final Cut Studio 3. You have to buy the discs...and if Apple has ended its special deal where you can buy it directly from calling them...you pretty much have to buy it on eBay or something like that.

If it was downloaded from a torrent site or something that was "less than legal", that might explain why it's not working as expected.

Just a thought.

Return to posts index

Tony Brittan
on Jun 1, 2012 at 1:08:45 pm

Sorry...if you did install a legally licensed version of it and the update didn't work, you might try to run them again. If all else fails, wipe the drive and start from scratch.

Return to posts index

Aram Gevorgyan
on Jun 2, 2012 at 1:06:53 am

Oh yeah it was just a misunderstanding, I made the rookie mistake of putting the applications on my external drive. A friend of mine pointed out the mistake, thanks for the response anyways.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]