FORUMS: list search recent posts

Share to BluRay hangs - any suggestions?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Suszko
Share to BluRay hangs - any suggestions?
on May 31, 2012 at 2:30:51 pm

FCS-3, FCP7

I used to be able to select the timeline, hit "Share", and burn to Blu-Ray. Now, when I try this, it acts like it's working, then bogs down with the countdown saying it has five seconds or so left. The barber pole progress bar just runs and runs, elapsed time counter stops and no further progress is made.

What should I look for in terms of trouble-shooting this?

I have also imported the same footage into DVDSP and asked for a BluRay. It tells me once I choose HD, I can't go back to SD, and that's fine, the source footage is HD. I get a similar routine to the FCP burn from timeline problem: some progress in encoding seems to be happening, then everything slows to a halt at the point of actually burning to the disk.

Burning a SD DVD to normal DVD-R stock does work using share, even on the BD drive.

Media is OK. BD-Burner Drive is definitely selected.

The build is directed to save to a folder in my video drive, and there's plenty of room.

I'm not trying to make any menus or anything, just a simple burn of the HD file to BD.

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
Re: Share to BluRay hangs - any suggestions?
on Jun 1, 2012 at 1:04:57 pm

DVDSP CAN NOT burn a Bluray.

Have you tried exporting out a master from FCP and then drop that into Compressor?

Adobe suite is great for BD work FYI.

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta LLC

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Share to BluRay hangs - any suggestions?
on Jun 1, 2012 at 5:38:47 pm

Thanks for the reminder; I had forgotten that DVDSP doesn't "do" BD.

Still, I have a problem with the FCP timeline "Share" export to a BD burn, which used to work fine for me and now does not. Any ideas there on what to check?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]