FORUMS: list search recent posts

Music Video

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
sean jean
Music Video
on May 31, 2012 at 1:34:49 pm

Hi there,

I'm about to edit my first music video and I wondering if anyone could give me any tips on syncing? I have roughly 6 hours of footage, and its a really fast edit so I need to organize my work flow and not be bogged down with out of sync footage.

Any help?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Music Video
on May 31, 2012 at 1:47:23 pm

Get PLURALEYES. It will sync for you. Everything.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

sean jean
on May 31, 2012 at 2:22:49 pm

Oh great, thanks!

If the studio I'm working in doesnt have Plural Eyes, what would be your next suggestion?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on May 31, 2012 at 3:59:59 pm

[sean jean] "If the studio I'm working in doesnt have Plural Eyes, what would be your next suggestion?"

That they get it.

Otherwise...multiclip everything. And I hope they slated. If not...that'll be a pain in the ass.

Shane
Little Frog Post

Return to posts index

Bill Celnick
on Jun 1, 2012 at 12:00:14 am

Before I went with Plural Eyes I used to look at the waveform in the audio track, and if I was lucky, I'd be able to place markers at common points, lets say where the vocals began, then line them up that way, either with multiclip or manually.

Return to posts index

sean jean
on Jun 1, 2012 at 1:15:26 pm

How do I make a multiclip if every scene and take has a different timecode, and no audio is bring recorded on set?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jun 1, 2012 at 2:27:18 pm

That is why you SLATE shots. A common marker that is visual and well as audible. You mark an IN point where the slate closes. Did they not do that?

Basically what you do is find a common sync point and then mark IN points, and group via the IN point.

Shane
Little Frog Post

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]