FORUMS: list search recent posts

Link Slug to Audio for Multiclip Ease?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Elizabeth Czyzewski
Link Slug to Audio for Multiclip Ease?
on May 31, 2012 at 3:47:26 am

I am working on a documentary and thus have a lot of clips, a lot of instances of the cameras turning on and off - video clips and an audio-only .WAV file. I'm using Plural Eyes to sync the clips, and once that is done and I'm making my multiclips, I am adding slug to the .WAV, linking it, naming the resulting clip (once I drag it back into the browser) the same name as the .WAV file. The resulting multiclips are working fine. Sometimes, however, the slug is not as long as the .WAV file, but the multiclip does not appear to lose sync after that slug ends and the video continues on. I've done several tests with this sort of multiclip, generated EDLs, all seems well, the audio clips maintain their timecode. On other threads, people have mentioned exporting a QT Ref and bringing that back into the timeline to then multiclip with, but this seems to work so far. Has anyone ever done this before?

FInal Cut 7.0

Return to posts index

Elizabeth Czyzewski
Re: Link Slug to Audio for Multiclip Ease?
on May 31, 2012 at 4:15:16 am

It might also be important to know that I'm editing Apple ProRes (Proxy) and will upres to ProRes 422 for online via the Media Manage offline sequence/Log and Transfer method.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]