FORUMS: list search recent posts

Export Problems Canon EOS 7d HDV FCP to Quicktime Almost at my deadline!!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stacy Soltys
Export Problems Canon EOS 7d HDV FCP to Quicktime Almost at my deadline!!
on May 31, 2012 at 2:15:39 am

This is my first time cutting footage from the 7d... My exported video which contains a good deal of transitions and blade work is massacred when the file is done. Exported 720/24. Almost every spot that was cut with blade flashes. Almost all Cross dissolves are over a blade cut. All is fine in playback in FCP, beautiful. I did not set any of the original sequences to anything before bringing down to timeline. Should I? If so would anyone know to what? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated as I'm fighting a deadline!! Thanks so much! Cheers!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Export Problems Canon EOS 7d HDV FCP to Quicktime Almost at my deadline!!
on May 31, 2012 at 2:53:27 am

Well, the Canon DSLRs don't shoot HDV...they shoot H.264. So I don't know why you say HDV. I hope to heck you didn't convert your footage to HDV, that would have been horrid. But, you SHOULD have converted the footage to ProRes before you started editing. If you didn't, and you edited the camera original H.264 files...well, that's your problem. FCP doesn't like to work with H.264 files. It has LOTS of issues with them. Oh, it might look fine at first when you edit, might be a little sluggish, but it looks like it works. But then you try to export...bammo! Problems.

So...did you convert the footage? Or are you working with the camera originals?

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]