FORUMS: list search recent posts

Calbrating multiple LCD monitors to achieve consistent picture

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Neil Gregory
Calbrating multiple LCD monitors to achieve consistent picture
on May 30, 2012 at 2:09:37 pm

Hi Guys,

I work in a small production company in the UK and we have multiple machines using FCP7. We have a wide range of different types of dual LCD monitors.

The problem that I am experiencing is that when I grade something in Color, the results are widely different on all monitors.

Can someone please give me a steer in the right direction? Ideally I want all the monitors to generate the same picture.

Is something like a spyder pro 4 worth investing in or is it better to do this manually using color bars?

Many thanks

Neil G

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Calbrating multiple LCD monitors to achieve consistent picture
on May 30, 2012 at 2:27:15 pm

Color requires an IO device (AJA, Blackmagic Design, Matrox) and a broadcast monitor or at least an HDTV. The viewer in Color that shows you the footage is faaaaaaar from accurate. It is way off. Not designed to be accurate. No amount of calibration will change that.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Neil Gregory
on May 30, 2012 at 3:29:19 pm

I do have a HDTV connected through an AJA card- I am just trying to get the monitor outputs to all match up with each other.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on May 30, 2012 at 3:34:54 pm

OK, you said Dual LCD's and that to me means computer displays. So you have the Kona and an HDTV on each system, and you want the image to match on all of them? Or are you talking about getting the image to match on the COMPUTER displays.

The Eye2One and Spyder are for computer displays, and meant for PRINT work. They won't work on HDTVs. Those you need to calibrate to bars. But HDTVs are tough to calibrate, as they lack a lot of the tools needed for doing it right. They are a decent way to monitor, but not the best.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Neil Gregory
on May 30, 2012 at 3:48:45 pm

that is correct- I just want the outputs to match up on the computer monitors throughout the office- The spyder 4 elite looks pretty good.

Thanks for your help!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]