FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut Pro - Compressor Export Failure - Missing File and Disk Space

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Carbone
Final Cut Pro - Compressor Export Failure - Missing File and Disk Space
on May 29, 2012 at 6:09:21 pm

Hello
Ive done some extensive searching of these forums and others but havent been able to find anyone with this exact issue. Im exporting a feature film from an FCP 7 timeline using compressor. Its an 80 minute film and Im creating a 35mbps 1080p pro res so I left it running all night. When I awoke, I discovered that the disk had filled during the process causing the export to fail. The first strange element of this is the fact that I had close to 60gb free on my disk and the final file should have come in around 25gb, so there should have been no issue. The next problem is that since the file did not finish, it does not exist on my desktop (the destination for the export. However, my HDD still reads that there are only 3GB remaining. There are no files in the trash to clear, and a finder search of the files finds no results.

If anyone can shed any light on where to find this mystery file and how to get my 50+gb back I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks very much
Dan

Return to posts index

Alex Liu
Re: Final Cut Pro - Compressor Export Failure - Missing File and Disk Space
on Jan 26, 2013 at 6:09:45 pm

I just experienced the same problem with basically the same details. We're you ever able to find the source of the problem? Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]