FORUMS: list search recent posts

'Reality TV' public messaging - advice wanted!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Simon Young
'Reality TV' public messaging - advice wanted!
on May 29, 2012 at 1:27:33 pm

OK, here's an interesting one. It's not directly related to FCP but I'm a FCP editor and I'd appreciate the opinions of people who might have worked on similar films!

I'm editing a short film which is supposed to look like a live reality television show, in which the public can 'text in' and have their messages show up on a ticker.

Now, the producer/writer and I are having a debate about whether or not texts would be corrected by the program makers for spelling and punctuation. He wants to deliberately leave out apostrophes and misspell words in order to achieve a certain realism, whereas not only do I find that mildly annoying, I also believe that any mainstream reality TV show would employ a level of correction and censorship when dealing with messages texted in by the public. I feel that the messages would become too distracting if they contained typos, and would actually be LESS realistic.

Can anyone here lend a professional opinion on the matter? Anyone worked in this area directly?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: 'Reality TV' public messaging - advice wanted!
on May 31, 2012 at 12:54:53 am

Leave the misspellings. The messages would be filtered for bad content, not spelling. God...who would have the time to spell correct TEXT spelling?

"R U serious? C U l8r. lol pls RT."

I bet the people filtering wouldn't know half of what was being typed.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]