FORUMS: list search recent posts

Quality issue when exporting a 720p/60fps FCP6 project to vimeo via Quicktime

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Benedict Fancy
Quality issue when exporting a 720p/60fps FCP6 project to vimeo via Quicktime
on May 29, 2012 at 2:13:25 am

Hi there, I just shot and edited a 720p/60fps wedding project in FCP6 that I am now trying to export as an H.264/720 file for vimeo. Having exported it as a Quicktime file via Quicktime Conversion, the quality is really not good. The project is 12 minutes long and when exported as an H.264/720 HD file it comes out to about 493mb in size. But before I even upload to vimeo, I can tell that the quality is not representative of the same HD quality in FCP.

The codec in the FCP timeline is set to Apple ProRes so I wondered if exporting it as an H.264 file is what's decreasing the quality, or is it the fact that I shouldn't have edited it in a 59.94 sequence in the first place?

This is the first time I've solely shot at 60fps because I have slowed down pretty much every clip purposefully for a slow motion effect.

How can I now obtain the same quality in FCP in the quicktime file for uploading online? Urgh...I'm really hoping the answer isn't to re-edit the whole project!

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

thanks so much

Benedict

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
Re: Quality issue when exporting a 720p/60fps FCP6 project to vimeo via Quicktime
on May 29, 2012 at 2:40:28 am

[Benedict Fancy] "Having exported it as a Quicktime file via Quicktime Conversion, the quality is really not good"

Export a QuickTime Movie. Drop that file into Compressor and choose and customize your settings for h.264.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Creative Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Benedict Fancy
Re: Quality issue when exporting a 720p/60fps FCP6 project to vimeo via Quicktime
on May 29, 2012 at 3:03:14 pm

Thank you Steve, let me see how that goes and I'll post a response.
thanks!
Benedict

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]