FORUMS: list search recent posts

Colour changes when exporting

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tom bailey
Colour changes when exporting
on May 27, 2012 at 10:08:25 pm

I'm having trouble with colours being altered when I export a project.
I needed to re-do some work on the sound for a film, but I no longer have the video media for my final sequence, which was finished in After Effects (which I don't have).
So instead I was working off the final quicktime, exported using Apple ProRes 422 HQ codec. When I tried re-export it now the colours and brightness/contrast change quite significantly. I have tried making adjustments and exporting a few frames but besides being a laborious process, it also doesn't seem to be bringing in the results I need.

Any recommendations on how to stop the colours from altering?
Or a way/ program (preferably free or cheap!) that I can jam the previous video export and the new sound together in, without re-exporting?

Thanks for all your help,

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Colour changes when exporting
on May 28, 2012 at 4:16:01 am

Well you can add your mix files to the original quicktime using Quicktime Pro. That doesn't solve the issue of why there would be a shift.

If you import the QT into FCP and drag into a timeline you should get a prompt to adjust the sequence settings to match the file. Say yes and then you should be able to export a quicktime movie using current settings without any shift in color or contrast.

Return to posts index

tom bailey
Re: Colour changes when exporting
on May 28, 2012 at 8:57:03 pm

Thanks Michael I'll try both of those!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved