FORUMS: list search recent posts

Unknown fcp effects watermark

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vander Furff
Unknown fcp effects watermark
on May 26, 2012 at 9:23:28 pm

Good afternoon,

Whenever I try to use various effects in FCP (whether they be native or Red Giant), I'm getting an overlain watermark, after the effect has been rendered. All copies of software are purchased and valid, and only seems to impact about 30% of my effects.

This watermark, if that's even the correct term, appears as a red, transparent quadrilateral, with an white exclamation point, also transparent, overlain to the far left side. On the broader right side, there is another white quadrilateral, stood on its narrow end, with top and bottom triangles that point back toward the exclamation point. The rightmost overlay appears appears slightly reminiscent of a sideways Tron Recognizer.

Please forgive my poor description, but thank you, in advance, for any thoughts you might have on what this might be, or how to get rid of it.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Unknown fcp effects watermark
on May 27, 2012 at 1:03:24 am

You need to check that you have properly registered the plugins. If you have purchased and registered then contact the plugin vendor to sort the issue.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on May 27, 2012 at 10:06:50 am

Try trashing FC preferences, re-installing plugins, etc.
if the watermark keeps coming, contact RedGiant.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Vander Furff
on May 28, 2012 at 6:24:34 pm

Thanks very much for your thoughts. I'll certainly give that a try. Do you have any idea what this icon means, though, or why it might apply to native fcp plugins, and not just those by Red Giant?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Vander Furff
on May 29, 2012 at 9:23:50 pm

Just a quick update - this was a 2010 version of Magic Bullet, a portion of which lost it's authorization code (likely because Stabilizer has been discontinued). I've spoken with the Red Giant folks, all very friendly, and was asked to reinstall those elements. I had the serials handy, did so, and the watermark disappeared.

I'm still on Snow Leopard, and will upgrade to the more recent version of MB Ste, when I go over to Mnt. Lion.

If anyone else comes across this as an issue, here's the link to the Red Giant legacy page:

http://www.redgiantsoftware.com/downloads/legacy-versions/

Thanks,

Vandy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]